How Long Did it Take to Burn In a new piece?

What was the longest time period you ever had to go through when burning/breaking in a new piece of equipment,regardless if was electronics,power cords,speakers,wires,etc.,untill it finally was broken-in and showed its true colors? Would you fellow GON members be willing to share what equipment/timespan you went through this with,and was the transformation gradual or a sudden snap at a specific time? Also,were their certain pieces that never "blossomed" and lived up to your expectations after a lengthy burn-in period,so off they went after your hard work waiting for them to reach their potential.
teajay
Autio;---Good one!!! So what'cha think?? 6 more??
The Celtic Silver spk.wires sounded painfully crappy for a week of 24/7. I guess the salt in the wound was reading this sellers--no breakin required--crap.
'break-in' is a psycho-acoustic phenomenon and doesn't exist outside of our minds. It's our way of handling the disappointment of a new component, without having to consciously admit to disappointment. What actually happens during break-in is that the memory of the initial disappointment fades, and our brains compensate by telling us that things are getting better. The older we get the less time things need for break-in (since our audio-memories become shorter). Therefore break-in time may be directly proportional to age, though some factoring is needed for mental agility/capacity.

I'm just errrr....kidding :)

Rooze

PS - Jensen caps, 2-300hrs+
Soliloquy speakers....months...and months...and months....and finally....bliss.
I agree with Boa2 on Soliloquys. I was tempted to sell them at least a dozen times in the last 6 months....They began to sound spectacular close to 800- hour mark. I do love the sound (even though it's totally different from my Dali Grands), but come on now! 700 hours to break in- that's beyond ridiculous!
Two years. Shahinian Diapason loudspeakers. They sounded like crap new and are heavenly now.