Turning Stereo into Alarm Clock?

Hi everyone... I'm curious how I would go about waking up to music via my stereo system (ie using it as my alarm clock). I'm using a Plinius 8200 integrated amp , Yamaha T-2 tuner, and Rega Planet 2000 CD player. Thanks!
mdp0430
Man...that would be awesome...if you wnted to wake up gently you could have some windham hill set to play...and on the days when you absolutely had to get out of bed on time...then Pink Floyd's 'Time' on DSOTM would rattle your cage.
Are there any remotes that have built in timers that would set it off as an alarm clock?
I did this for a while with my stereo. It costs nothing... as long as you have a computer is in the same room as your stereo.

All you do is hook up your PC to your preamp with an analog cable. Assuming you're running windows, go to Control Panel > Scheduled Tasks. Here you can set specific times/days to launch certain applications. I assigned the generic program "cdplayer", a windows application, a time to launch every day (you can also specify which days to launch).

There is an option in cdplayer that plays a disc automatically when the program is opened. This must be enabled for the "alarm" to work.

I have a Sansui timer, three oulets on the back (two-pronged outlets, you'd need to use cheater plugs with standard three-pronged power cords). You can use it as a sleep timer and an "alarm clock". $75 + ship if you're so inclined.

Regards, Jeff