Speakers: all-time worst

What is the all-time worst (home audio speaker systems, not the plastic cabinets or ceiling types) loudspeaker system that you have heard, and why? In other words, the all-time worst value.
wenterprisesnw
Notwithstanding all the rubbish out there, I am in complete agreement that Bose deserve this title, regardless of which of their products you select, not only for their products but also for their miseducation of so many music lovers - who now believe they have the best, but find they are losing interest and faith in recorded music. It is one thing to produce a bad product, but to fool so many people into thinking it is not harmful to you means you deserve a fate akin to the tobacco industry.
Ditto on the tobacco industry. Tobacco serves no useful or positive purpose, AND IT SHOULD BE SMITED FROM THE EARTH!!
I have to buy into the bose acoustimass camp. Their five speaker system sounds like a couple of cheap clock radio's wired together. A close runner up is the set of the ultra-moderne products from B(ad) & O(verpriced) back in the early nineties (the last time I went into one of their showrooms). Silent beauties they were.
the heils had a realy rough top that you couildnt sdtay in the room with. then if someone used an at ccartridge with shibata styulus, the two having a similar top, were probably the first commercially available laser. dyanaco a25s slunded better.
The worst were Acousti Phase sold by Crazy Eddies in NYC back in the 70's. They would disconnect the tweeters on JBL L100's or put speaker upside down and then play Acousti Phase with an equalizer hidden away to improve the sound. They sold many of these speakers with Kenwood receivers which they would sell for close to dealers cost. (They made big bucks on the Acousti Phase speakers though) Second place goes to Ultralinear! Also mid seventies.