BEST HEAVY METAL BAND

METALLICA!!!! No one will disagree,will they? This band just never stops getting better.Load,Re-load all classics.The B.O.C.cover of Astronomy off of Garage Inc.is for sure one of the meanest,heaviest songs EVER! Metallica RULES!!!
david99
Woodmann said it all. If you've ever heard any interviews with Hetfield, he basically slags all of their early fans. While early Frost / Hellhammer were the "crunchiest" band of all time and worked tempo changes like no other, they too lost it at the end. Venom is the "original" but lacked consistency throughout their career. That leaves Slayer as the kings of REAL metal. Case in point: name a metal album that "flows" or jams more than Reign in Blood ???? Sean >
I can still remember the first time I heard a Metallica song...I was in college, meeting some friends in the cafeteria for lunch, and I was NOT into heavy metal at all. The cafeteria had the school's radio station on, and the DJ put on 'Master of Puppets'...I was blown away...it felt like i didn't move for the duration of the song. The instrumental in the middle of the song hooked me. I just remember thinking "This is MUSIC!!!" Other bands have been harder, maybe had some songs that I preferred later down the road, but for consistency, and for bringing 'classical' style structure and Beethoven like power to metal, you've got to tip your hat to Metallica as the guys who really made metal accessable to average joe's, like me.
Metallica was "speed metal", and now they're just a glam band, full of hubris. Just one man's opinion, that's all...I like Spinal Tap's "Break Like the Wind". "Bitch School" is pretty good. I'm still trying to enroll some of mine there...makes 'em more eager to get turned out...I gots to get some mo money, for that solid titanium listening room I'm designing...
Acid Bath!!!!! Is the best heavy metal band of all time. If you haven't heard them----then check 'em out!!!!!