Camel - Nod and Wink - Impressive Album

Camel, my No.1 favourite Progressive rock group. This album was their last release, 2002. I just had the chance to listen to it today.

I am very impressed, a true piece of art, I never thought camel would be able to produce the same old magic like their previous albums as Mirage or snowgoose, they are even better now. Well done camel. I am glad that i bought this CD, it was my mistake not to have bought it in 2002 when it was just released, I missed 3 years of joy.... To all progressive rock fans, go and buy this CD, you won't be disappointed.
nabil98
Glad to hear from some Camel fans! Unfortunately I have not been paying attention since "I can see your house from here" (25 yrs, has it been that long?) I will have to check out their new one. My favorites have always been: all the music on Snowgoose, all the music on Moonmadness, "First Light" on Raindances.
To enjoy camel properly on LP you MUST get the British pressings.. the ORIGINAL U.S. pressings on Janus label are also o.k... the Passport label U.S. are terrible!!!
The British pressing of Snowgoose is the only one that has the correct treble response.. the U.S. is too sibilant (sp?)
Just some advice.. you'll have to look hard and long on ebay to get MINT british pressings and pay a good $40. or so.. maybe.
Also how about that sort-of rare "A live Album" Snowgoose sounds better here than studio!
Xiekitchen, try nod and wink, you'll enjoy it, lots of nice instrumental work. I enjoy it more and more the more I listen to it. Unfortunately I dont have a turntable, my system is cd-based, yet I enjoyed those albums very much. Who knows one day they might reissue these albums on SACD, I will simply buy them all.
I just picked up snowgoose remastered and ya you just can't get me out of the seventies some days , it is a great remaseter. Also as far as favorites, one of mine is Breathless first thing on a sunday morning...........CRANKED
Great call by Rwwear - I received the copy of the "Coming of Age" DVD I ordered today and have finished the first viewing. It's excellent all the way through - and especially "Ice". I wish the audio as DD5.1 (it's 2.0), but the video, camera work and sound quality are very good. The performances are excellent and the set list is too. I saw them 2 years ago on their tour supporting "Nod and a Wink", this reminds me of that show.