Pink Floyd reunion

I read and heard about a Pink Floyd reunion with the fouor original members, anyone hear that, too? I love Pink Floyd. I wonder if this reunion will be recorded. I saw Pink Floyd once, the David Gilmore version, but I have always wanted to see the full blown version. It would be great if their reunion prompted a world tour. I might even buy one of the high priced tickets on sale these days to see that show. And you know they would the show tickets will be pricey.
matchstikman
I agree with Ben_campbell. Floyd with or without Barrett is alot like a hotdog with mustard or a hotdog with mayo; two different hotdogs, altogether......"TWO DIFFERENT HOTDOGS." Sorry, I couldn't resist.
I don't understand what the fuss is all about. They've agreed to play a few old songs live for a day, that's it. No mention of recording new materials from anyone, yet. Nor do I see them recording together anytime soon. For one thing, Waters is not going to record anything for the sake of Pink Floyd at this stage of his life. I also don't see Gilmour being content with just playing guitar on an album like Clapton and Beck.

As much as I like to believe that Bob Geldof brought all this together, I'd think that the recent death of Floyd manager Steve O'Rourke made this re-union a lot easier, for Waters had unresolved issues, business and personal, with O'Rourke.

And yes, Wright never gets much credit for his work, i.e, when he did or was allowed to put in some work. Ever wondered how pink those early Floyd albums (befor Animals) would have been without Wright, or what he might have added to Amused to Death?
A rekindled interest in a tour would be fantastic! I only saw them twice, post Sid and with RW. The first time was at the release of DSOTM, at the Irvine Auditorium in Philadelphia, a round auditorium purpose built in the 20's to house a pipe organ, seating is about 1,100 I believe. The second set that night was DSOTM, a very memorable and colorful evening it was...
Lets not discount the efforts that Gilmour has invested in trying to get the band back together. He said in an interview that he would like to continue recording with Waters and in another interview Waters stated he was not willing to talk to anyone in the band nor the interviewer about the indifference. If you listen to the words on the Divison Bell and under stand the concept of the Division Bell I feel it is very clear that Gilmour has approached Waters and as he puts it "Kindley told to go f- myself"
But hopefully they will work things out. The Eagles did after all acknowledge that "Hell Froze over"
Theo what efforts are these Gilmour made?-this is a statement without substance sure DG can seem like a much more polite individual than Waters in interviews but to the best of my recollection he has never did anything to negotiate Waters back into the band.He has run post-Waters Floyd just as autocratically as Waters did in the later years.
Check the other'Gon Floyd thread there's a direct quote from Gilmour where he calls Waters "a Prick".

Whilst Waters paid the price of imagining Floyd were nothing without him any analysis of the Waters/Gilmour relationship will show there was always underlying problems and at times real antipathy.