Dead Can Dance's Into the Labyrinth

Anybody on this one? Just picked it up, after hearing Srajan, from 6moons, talking on Audio Asylum, about this cd he heard at the CES Show in Las Vegas. Actually, what I'm interested in is Dead Can Dance. Other cds. Background. Whatever. thanks in advance. peace, warren
128x128warrenh
I recently picked up a copy of "Into the Labyrinth"....wonderful CD. While listening to the last cut (sorry, last track)on the CD my mind sort of wandered a bit & I thought I was listening to Jim Morrison for a moment. There are hints of the Paul Winter Consort(Common Ground) in this CD also.

I also picked up a copy of "El Cant De La Sibil-La". As was mentioned earlier it's a bit hard to find, but I think I found the right source. Very Nice!

Keep 'em coming folks!
Fishboat:

recently picked up a copy of "Into the Labyrinth"....wonderful CD. While listening to the last cut (sorry, last track)on the CD my mind sort of wandered a bit & I thought I was listening to Jim Morrison for a moment. There are hints of the Paul Winter Consort(Common Ground) in this CD also.

Funny, I hear Jim Morrison and Paul Winter too. Very often I hear something in the music that reminds me of another group or tune and people I am with either understand or they don't.

My son who I love more than anyone else on this earth, can never pick up these traits. When I tell him what I'm hearing and name the two groups he either stares at me blankly or tells me I'm wrong. Thanks for reminding me of the parallel in Dead Can Dance.
Live 2 cd sets of DCD's 2005 Euro tour can be found here... http://www.dcddiscs.com/
I've bought no less than 6 new CD's as a result of this thread. All of them good. One of them I picked up is my favorite of the bunch - it's Lisa Gerrard and Patrick Cassidy: "Immortal Memory". I picked it up somewhat accidentally while surfing Amazon.com. I spotted the title, and connected it to to the discussion here of "Immortal Coil". I had only a vague recollection at the time, obviously.

If anyone is inteested in another Lisa Gerrard piece - this one is great. It's on the mellow side, and beautiful vocals.
Here's another Dead Can Dance tribute CD that was released Sept.05,2005 on Projekt Records titled
"Summoning of the muse ~ a tribute to Dead Can Dance"

Song samples and reviews