Dead Can Dance's Into the Labyrinth

Anybody on this one? Just picked it up, after hearing Srajan, from 6moons, talking on Audio Asylum, about this cd he heard at the CES Show in Las Vegas. Actually, what I'm interested in is Dead Can Dance. Other cds. Background. Whatever. thanks in advance. peace, warren
128x128warrenh
For a medieval, acoustic antecedent you could check for online store samples of eponymous "Acantus." It's been awhile since I've listened to that one, but it makes for an interesting reference point.
Albert, on your list you've starred recordings you have. If you could only keep one, which would it be? I'll start with that. Alright, you can make it two. thanks again. warren
I totally agree with Synthfreak. Been listening to them and purchased everthing when new since 1984. Listening to NYU-FM in NYC I guess had it privileges to lots of my type of music.
Even my post last January (2004) when her latest solo cd 'Immortal Memory' came out I picked this as one of my top 3 cd of the year, and it still is.

Regards,
Rich
Warren. First would be This Mortal Coil, "It'll End In Tears" as mentioned in my first post.

Next would be Cocteau Twins where the voices are mysteriously intertwined and very melodic set to off beat timing and phasing. I have half dozen from this group but unfortunately the best songs and sound are equally scattered, making a definitive suggestion difficult.

Next is Richenel, the material I own is sung in French (which I don't understand). Although I cannot follow the lyrics, the album is very beautiful. My favorite from Richenel is "L'esclave Endormi", which I believe means "The Sleeping Slave." My version is LP and pressed at 45 RPM with stunningly dynamic bass and soaring vocal, making it a joy to listen to.

Richenel may be difficult to find, particularly the 45RPM version. This artist switched record labels shortly after he released this one with 4AD.

Next choice would be Clan of Xymox which is a distant third from "Dead Can Dance," and "This Mortal Coil," but still a very interesting piece and cannot be mistaken for typical FM radio play.

Here is a link to the Rolling Stone review of "This Mortal Coil." Appears you can download a sample and determine if worth seeking out.

This may not suit every taste, I am extremely diverse in my in music choices and why I hesitate to make suggestions.

http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/album/_/id/241644/thismortalcoil?pageid=rs.Artistcage&pageregion=triple1
Hey, what's wrong with someone discovering something they've never heard before? Even if it's 20 years old or 200 for that matter. No matter who you are, there's something out there you haven't heard. I don't think it's reason to criticise someone. Let's try to be more open minded!