Best solid state pre-amp below US $ 10.000,00 ??

Any suggestions ?
frankpiet
yes you´re right. But actually my budget for the unit is US $ 8.000,00. The rest is for cables and tweaks. Taking this into account my preference is Nagra although I´m keen to listen to Aesthetix Janus and Cat SL-1 Ultimate.
How about the Tact RCS 2.2X? It offers room correction, a superior DAC, remote control and is a very good preamp as well.

Joe M.
Frankpiet,

Upgrade the AA. Save the money. It gives it a "new lease on life". Almost the entire internals, besides the transport are replaced. If you are happy w. the Audio Aero direct, I am sure a preamp won't make it better, just different. If you are concerned with phono then you have an entirely different situation. Then get a great phono like a groove plus or ASR Basis. Just an idea.

I am confused about your amplifier. It is all about synergy with your amplifiers.
Dgad, I´m looking for a pre-amp with onboard phono option as I use a vinyl set-up. But probably I´ll go for the AA with the optional line stage and add a phono pre of the likes of a Clearaudio Basic-Symmetry.
The one thing I don´t like with the AA is that it lacks stability and focus. Don´t know if it gets better with the optional line-stage module ?? Thats the only reason why I´m considering a pre-amp inbetween. I´ve had great results with a Boulder 1010 and a Brinkmann Marconi - but the first one is to expensive and the second one lacks the onboard phono option..
FrankPiet, the Boulder 1010 and 1012 throw indeed an extremely stable and large sound stage and instrument images. While they are expensive when purchased new, Boulder seems to warrant its products almost indefinitely even when purchased 2nd hand, and their price on the used market is more reasonable, typically under 10K.