Best solid state pre-amp below US $ 10.000,00 ??

Any suggestions ?
frankpiet
You just missed a Halcro DM10 w/ phono that was listed at $9750. Might have been the ticket.
yes you´re right. But actually my budget for the unit is US $ 8.000,00. The rest is for cables and tweaks. Taking this into account my preference is Nagra although I´m keen to listen to Aesthetix Janus and Cat SL-1 Ultimate.
How about the Tact RCS 2.2X? It offers room correction, a superior DAC, remote control and is a very good preamp as well.

Joe M.
Frankpiet,

Upgrade the AA. Save the money. It gives it a "new lease on life". Almost the entire internals, besides the transport are replaced. If you are happy w. the Audio Aero direct, I am sure a preamp won't make it better, just different. If you are concerned with phono then you have an entirely different situation. Then get a great phono like a groove plus or ASR Basis. Just an idea.

I am confused about your amplifier. It is all about synergy with your amplifiers.
Dgad, I´m looking for a pre-amp with onboard phono option as I use a vinyl set-up. But probably I´ll go for the AA with the optional line stage and add a phono pre of the likes of a Clearaudio Basic-Symmetry.
The one thing I don´t like with the AA is that it lacks stability and focus. Don´t know if it gets better with the optional line-stage module ?? Thats the only reason why I´m considering a pre-amp inbetween. I´ve had great results with a Boulder 1010 and a Brinkmann Marconi - but the first one is to expensive and the second one lacks the onboard phono option..