System advice and upgrade path?

Hello, I’m in upgrade mode and would like your input.

My system currently consists of Cary CAD-50MKII Sig. monoblocks, Cary SLP 50 preamp (with oil caps), Reference 3a MM de Capo-i monitors and Rega Planet (2000 model) and Rega P-3 table. Kimber Kable throughout.

It’s a very good sounding system, but recently I started to long for a bit of the bass control and air that I had with a McCormack DNA1 and Merlin TSM-SE’s I used to own.

I want to keep the de Capo’s, but I am thinking of a new amp set up. As you can see I’ve swung between the SS and TUBE camps, and of course I am looking for the “best of both worlds”. I’m thinking along the lines of either SimAudio W-5 or BAT VK-55 (tho I have not auditioned either) or something similar (Rouge, Edge etc.?).

Would the Cary SLP 50 mate with either of these amps? I might also forgo the SLP 50 because good NOS input tubes are getting so expensive.

I have also considered getting a REL sub for the existing system in hope of some bass control/ reinforcement that way.

I tend to listen to acoustic music (roots/bluegrass/folk) female vocalist, some melodic jazz and some classic rock/reggae.

So many options, which way to go?
p.s. my budget contribution to the upgrade would be aprox. $1,500-2,500.

Comments/Suggestions welcome.

Thanks
corina
Corina, I sound like the preverbal broken record but..you may be able to get closer to audio nirvana by controling vibrations especilly for your CD. May I suggest a Bright Star Audio Air Mass/Big Rock combination as a start for around $350 and you should be quite surprised with the results. I started with just the Air Mass for 2-3weeks before I introduced the Big Rock 3 and each change was quite amazing for detail and focus, especially if your going to introduce sub(s). I'm just in the midst now of setting up another Big Rock for my integrated amp as well, just my opinion on a much overlooked improvement.
Corina, call David Schulte, owner of the Upgrade Company
at 1-269-665-7433. He upgraded my Marantz SA12S1 and saved me about $5000.00. I would not be able to find the same performance from a off the shelf unit at twice that amount.
I would put this unit up against anything out of the box.
My Arcam AV-8 will be the next component for him to upgrade
and then the Proceed HPA amp. He can do it all! I was sceptical at first but that passed quickly.
Thanks for the suggestions folks.
I was hoping to get some information on amps
that might be compatiable with my current set up.

WRT CD upgrade, I have had my eye on an Electrocompaniet (SP?) player. I have heard one of these and it was excellent.

But thats for another day...

best