Looking for an amp to drive Eidolons Vision.

I have just paid a deposit for a pair of Avalon Eidolon
Vision. Now I'm looking for a power amp to drive them.

The budget is 20k (new gear ONLY). The room is 14 x 20 feet with a full acoustic treatment.

I'm seriously considering CAT JL-2, but I'm open for other options.
128x128elberoth2
Try the cj prem 350. It has nice tight bass and has dynamic life in the upper mids/treble which is somewhat tube like.
you will save a bundle in doing so as well. The UK importer of Avalon and cj used them together at the last UK hifi show and the apprantly sounded wonderful.
Downunder: That is an option I was thinking about, too. I think I will go there this year to listen by myself. The UK importer has been demoing the Avalon / CJ combination on The HiFi News Show for years. In fact, one of those demos made me buy Eidolons.

I have read your posts about Prem 350. There was also a glowing review written by Martin Colloms in HiFi News a while back. Martin also uses Eidolons as his reference speakers, so this combination seems to work.
I listened to a lot of SS amps to replace my tube monoblocks and in my system the cj was the best at playing music and making the music sound vibrant and alive.
I actually have a fully balanced pre and bought balanced IC and much to my surprise the unbalanced cj still sounded better.
Yeah, I believe MC has ditched his long time reference Wilson's.
have fun listening
I have Eidolon Diamonds and love the Jeff Rowland 300. I have had the following amps driving the Eidolons (Levinson 336, BAT 150 Se's, Classe' Omega) and for my taste the Rowland wins hands down. The 300 gave me the best of both worlds (rock solid bass, pinpoint imaging and soundstaging, with liquid midrange similar to tubes). The Rowland 300 is in your price range (around $15 K) and is a fantastic amp.