Power for Thiel 7.2

Would two (2) Classe Ca 301 in mono mode be enough (600 w at 8 and 1200 at 4) or a single Krell stereo mode at 400 w channel 8 ohm 800 4 ohm.
Which way to go?
mobe
Thiel does not make specific amp recommendations for their speakers other than it is of good quality and of sufficient power to drive their speakers.

Chuck
While Thiel is politely diplomatic, I don't think it's too hard to read between the lines. If one is using Thiel's top of the line product, I think it fair to say that Thiel's top picks might include: Audio Research, Ayre, Boulder, Classe, Conrad-Johnson, Krell, Mark Levinson, Pass, Theta and VTL. I hope I didn't leave anyone out. Check Thiel's web site under FAQ's.
Oops, scratch Audio Research, though they have used them amongst others to demo their stuff in the past.
Thiel's listening room has the CS 7.2 powerwed by a Krell FPB 700cx.
They were powering the CS 2.4 with a BAT VK600SE.
As it has been stated they do not suggest a certain amp to drive their speakers. They only require quality power.

Getting back to the CS 7.2. I've heard them powered by a pair of Levinson 33H and I was amazed at the sound that was coming from an amp that was rated at 150 wpc @ 8 ohms.
I've heard the CS 7.2 powered by the big Mac daddy's 1201, 1200 wpc @ 8&4 ohms, and was not impressed. So from what I experienced do not rule out an amp because it does not put out 600-750 wpc @8 ohms. Audition them in your system and see what works best for you. A lower powered amp might work if you do not listen at high volumes or have a large room to fill with sound.