Is Odyssey Power amp Stratos better than Krell?

Hi,

Would like to ask you guys about odyssey stratos power amplifier (extreme & monoblock range). Does this amp really good compare to, i.e Krell, plinius?

lots of reviewers gave high rating (audioreview) and they claimed that the sound is better than Krell, Plinius...very transparent, firm bass and imaging.

I'm using Krell KSA80B, are they better for a change?..I Listen to Sting, norah jones, Sarah McLachlan, Radiohead, Coldplay..etc.

Thanks for any inputs
dadio_cool003c
cant compare to a krell-all i know is i have a fondness for my odyssey extreme monos-just plain old musical amps,cant keep your toes from tapping type of sound-lots of air guitar also-lol

dave mathews,jack johnson,stones,floyd,alison kraus and union station,ac/cd,gunsnroses-ect
i have found the odyssey amps sound more musical (less harsh) than the krell's. imo, if you compare amps in the same price category as the krell's (mcintosh, classe, pass, etc...), the krell amps don't sound as musical as these do either.
Overhang,

well, yes, that was a great laugh indeed. For one, thanks for coming by my room at the NYC show, but your comment is very mean spirited, misleading, and incomplete.

Maybe you should have mentioned that you're quoting a review from J. Peter Moncrieff in IAR, International Audio Review, a reviewer for 2 decades with a great reputation, and also a magazine / newsletter, that doesn't take advertising to stay completely neutral in the political arena of this audio industry.
So, yes, thanks for quoting this, because I'm indeed very, very proud of our reviews.

Late,

Klaus @ Odyssey
By the way, let's not lose sight of the fact that the Odyssey room was by far one of the biggest audio revelations at HE2005. Superlative sound. Bravo, Klaus!

You may remember me as being one who didn't quite "hear" your quote on the price of the power amp on Friday. All I could say was "WHAT?!?" Then, after hearing that the power amp and preamp combination were $995, I was pretty much awestruck, and as most of the Audiogoners can attest, I don't impress so easily. Definitely what I consider the premier value in audio today.

And, my friend being an artist loved the speakers that hang on the wall. Don't be surprised if she ends up with an Odyssey system.
I am not an Odyssey Customer, but I have known Klaus through the Adio Circles for severl years. I have never known him to bash anyone elses equipment. In fact, he is honest and will even direct people to other equipment when he feels his stuff would not have synergy with the client's existing system. he was simpy using a quote from a review in his literature, something all mnufacturers do!