Jadis amps and pre-amps still competitive?

How does Jadis amps (Defy7, JA 200, ect.) and pre-amps (JPL MK2, 80 MC), compare with the more popular amps of today from VTL, LAMM, and Audio Research. You don't hear much about them anymore. I remember that they were highly regarded when Mr. Victor Goldstein was the importer.
jazz_nut
Yes they are, if you value the Jadis house sound (I personally think that sound will never go out of style). And they work fine with Lamm amps as well.
Unfortunately, I do'nt think any new Jadis kit is competitive. Unfortunately, because I would love to own one of their integrated amps. 5 years ago the J88s top of the line integrated was about £6000 in the UK, now it is over £11000, mostly due to currency exchange rate movements. It just is'nt worth that, even if I could afford it, which I can'nt.
I find the JA-500 to be very competitive with today's uber designs. The one I have is well maintained. It has been taken care of by DaHong Seetoo for most of its adult life. It does not sound "tuby" by any means. It is a very magical amplifier, and it's drop dead beautiful to boot.

Peter
Jadis sound good, but everyone I know who owned this brand experience failures of one kind or another.
New, they have become insanely expensive. The DA88 integrated I was interested in, went up from about £8000 to over £1200, in quite a short time and £/Euro rates have'nt changed that much. Recently, I listened to a second hand Jadis DA50 and next day, an Ayon Spark and Orion. On different systems, with the Jadis through Wilson Sasha's, probably not a great match and I'm not a Wilson fan. The Spark seemed streets ahead, to my ears and I bought that.
I have listened to a lot of tube amps in the last few years and Ayon seem to be up there with the best at the Moment.