Sonic Frontiers Line 2SE vs. SFL2

Anybody could compare this 2 preamplifiers ?
I´m loocking for a tube preamplifier. For my money I can buy one of this 2 models. Unfortunally I can´t compare them. I want real tube sound. many people say that Sonic Frontiers Line series sound like ss preamplifier.
I will apreciate all your recomendations.
Pablo
elduende14
Hi - I own an SFL 2, and it definitely does NOT sound S.S. in my opinion. I haven't heard the Line 2, but I've heard the Line 3 - that is a beautiful sounding preamp. I've heard that of the entire Line 1, 2 & 3 series, that the Line 2 represents the best value for the money. Personally, I would go with either one, I don't think you could go wrong.
I use a very tricked out SF Line 3, and also have had an SFL-2. The Line 3 is a superb preamp- very neutral, however the SFL-2 is also excellent, and has the ability to add some 'body' if the rest of your components are perhaps not as 'fleshed out' as you might like. I would not recommend the SFL-2 with an amp that is more 'colored' (i.e.- an old CJ), as it may be too much of a good thing. IMO the SFL-2 (which uses a full-size outboard power supply) is superior to the Line 2, however the Line 3 (with proper modifications) is the best- assuming of course you value utmost neutrality as I do.
The SFL-2 is a fairly lean sounding unit for a tube piece. Although the Line series is considered even more lean, I would hardly characterize the SLF-2 as full & tubey. Of course, the Sovtek 6922's have their typical lean and dry sonics, which makes me shy away from any 6922 based preamp, especially with the outrageous prices for NOS tubes of this family. The Line 3 is considered a reference unit; very revealing but on the clinical, sterile side. With its twelve 6922 tubes, I've stayed away from it. The LIne 2 has only 6 tubes, so perhaps tube rolling would be a consideration to obtain a fuller sound.