Warmest solid-state integrated for under $2k

Hi,

I'm looking for the warmest sounding solid state integrated amp on the market for under $2k new. Any ideas?

Thanks!
omains
Omains...
Try to audition a Plinius if you can....I had a 2100i (which was the precursor
to the 8150) and I now own the 8200MK2. Soundwise I can't say there is much difference in the sound between the 8150 & 8200MK2...just more power...the sound is full/lush...wide and warm...
Used they are all within your budget andthe 8100/8150's are quite a bit below.
Susan
Hi Harrold,

Well, here's the deal. Yesterday, I heard the Joseph Audio monitors again, and I really loved them. I realized that I can buy them new for not much more than I was planning on spending on a used speaker, and I'd really like to start building a relationship with the local dealer, since they've been so unbelievably helpful. I'm going down to Concord within the next few days to hear the Silverline monitors, but if they're not significantly better to my ear than the Josephs, I'll go with the latter (I can't afford Silverline new).

The Joseph's are great, but they're not as sensitive as the Silverline, and SET won't be able to provide enough power. If I do go with Silverline, my search for a SET amp will continue, but right now I'm interested in how much "tube-like" performance I could get from an SS amp. Also, I've decided that getting into tubes right now may not be the smartest idea, because I move around a lot, and whatever I get will be shipped all over the place.

Thanks for your diligence, and happy 4th!

Oliver
I had a problem with a fairly bright system, especially with the metal drivers of my Monitor Audio GR-60's. I too was looking for an integrated with a good deal of brunt and control but with warmth and detail. The Electrocompaniet ECI-3 was my dream find. It has the warmth and romance of tubes but with the critical detail and accuracy I was having a hard time finding. It would be worth giving it an audition if you have a chance.

Cheers,
X
If you want tubes, get tubes. If you want SS, get SS. They are as related as say, SF and LA. In other words, they both say California on the mailing address, but when you move from one to the other, you will recognize very little from the old neighborhood.
I've had many people turn on a SS amp with the suggestion that 'this sounds very close to a tube amp.' But guess what? It never does. And CD's don't sound like vinyl. And filet 'o fish, well...never mind.
Don't worry about moving tubes around. With an integrated amp, they get packed right there in the same box as the amp. I know you said in previous posts that you preferred the tube sound. And you seem to gravitating towards tube-friendly speakers.
Write me if you still want to audition my two systems. You would be amazed what you can get for under $4K total. And if it's solid state you want, I'll sign off here, as that's just not my neighborhood.
Good luck, Oliver.

Howard