Beginners Tube Amp Recommendations

I'm seduced by the liquid sounds of tube amps but need some good recommendations on where to start. I'm looking for an entry level tube/hybrid amp around the $500-$700 new or used. My speakers are Totem's rated at 80watt & 4ohms. I've checked out Jolida 102, AMC 2030...anything else? I don't wanna spend a bundle just to found out that tubes are high maintenance and then want to go back to SS amps.
bonger
My wife's system has the Luxman 491 integrated hybrid which is not the ultimate in definition, but sounds very nice and holds its own with power solidly at 90wpc. We changed the stock tubes to RCAs and hardwired an LAT International PC and it sounds real nice.

Hawthorne Stereo in Seattle has a nice demo for $499 which may be negotiable. Good luck.
Check out Audio Aero Prima integrated amps. They are a hybrid design with a single tube preamp and solid state out. Very nice sounding amp. They do come up occasionaly (preowned) with prices well in your range. Had mine for over a year with no complaints. Good Luck.
go with the jolida.
with an aftermarket power cord, and some better tubes, they perform well above their range.
Trelja is a big advocate of both Jolida and Totems, so he could probably shed some light on your predicament.

He will probably see this thread at some point today...

GOOD LUCK!
I'll second Newbee's suggestion of the Sonic Frontiers SFS-40. I ran some fairly inefficient speakers (86db) with one in a small room with great results. The best part of this amp to a beginner (or a veteran) is the flexibility of tubes it can run - kt88, kt90, kt99, 6550 or el34 in the output stage and in the input and driver stages - 6922 or 7308. And those are just from memory, I bet there are even more options. Great for tube rolling and finding out which valves suit your tastes.
Look for an Audio Research VT60 (about 6-7 years old). Excellent sonics for the $$. Jolida 1501 RC is also quite good.