Have you ever deceived your wife-audio purchase

This could lead to a hysterical thread. How many audiophiles have come home with an expensive amp/preamp/and told their wife they bought it for practically nothing? Only to have paid 3-4K they had in their private stash? How many audiophiles have secretly installed a new "toy" in their audio system thinking their wife wouldn't notice. My old girlfriend thought anything beyond a boombox was excessive. Whenever I would upgrade my system,I would come up with some far fetched tale(lie) Would love to hear your story.......
krelldog
Zavato, I'm sorry to hear that and I hope you're feeling well.

I have nothing to hide. It's not worth it and my wife has been very supportive of this hobby. She enjoys music as much as I do. Its not uncommon for me to come home from work on a Friday to find her listening to music. It's my hobby but it's our system. She can use it as she pleases. That's what it's there for.
Don't really have to. On the one hand, my wife hates my stereo. She simply doesn't get why I love it so much.

On the other hand, and this is a big hand, at least she knows where I spend so much of my time when not working. Also, it's pretty tough for her to be jealous over a stereo. Consider the alternatives. :)