Have you ever deceived your wife-audio purchase

This could lead to a hysterical thread. How many audiophiles have come home with an expensive amp/preamp/and told their wife they bought it for practically nothing? Only to have paid 3-4K they had in their private stash? How many audiophiles have secretly installed a new "toy" in their audio system thinking their wife wouldn't notice. My old girlfriend thought anything beyond a boombox was excessive. Whenever I would upgrade my system,I would come up with some far fetched tale(lie) Would love to hear your story.......
krelldog
Only by omission.

I let her know if I am planning to buy anything new that might affect our overall budget in some way. Then, I'll answer any questions, but do not offer up anything more than asked about, which usually amounts to nothing. She generally does not really care otherwise. She likes for her family to be happy! :^)
A little off topic. I always tell my wife that when I die, not to sell my guns for what I told her they cost me!
Damn Zavato!, that was one of the most shocking post I have read, I hope it turns out better than that, a surgery is when you need family, All the best wishes for you.
Yeah well, it is what it is. But as pointed out, there are advantages. If you look for them