NAIM Alternatives-from people who have switched.

I would really like to hear from some people that have swithced from NAIM (you poor sod you!) to something else and are happy with the switch and what worked.
I am currently using a Naim 52/250 combo and while I am happy with the sound overall, for reasons I won't go into other than to say I need a better shielded combo so I can enjoy my analog gear more than I do now.
Dealers near me have Ayre, CJ, Sim Audio, and Plinius. I have not heard any of these so I cannot say if I like them or they will work for me.
Thanks
Any good alternatives?
gerardff
I had (still have, for that matter, gathering dust...) a NAIM NAP250, Hi-Cap, 72 Preamp and CDI player. I went to tube amps about 6 years ago, *huge* improvement in detail and realism, plus at least as good "pace" as the NAIM gear. (Electra-print single-ended amps, 28 watt monoblocks). I use a stepped attenuator for volume control. Since then, I've achieved further improvements with a Vecteur transport and Audio Aero Prima DAC, but the tube amps were the main gain.
Only briefly heard an old nait, but I own a Densen b-100. Many in the UK have replaced Naim pre-power with Densen 200/300 and prefer the result. The only US dealer is in NY state, unfortunately. The densen has naim timing but better imaging and transparency in my limited experience.
I have owned a fair amount of Naim. I think it is good gear and has a sound. It gets more intense as you go up the line...could be good or bad depending on you tastes. I prefer Mcintosh tube gear..also has a sound,which I prefer overall.
I find it more musical...meaning it makes me want to listen to music more. Anyway it is all personal taste, as always trust your ears.
I have never heard Naim amps.

But I can say that I love my Blue Circle. It beats my old Bryston 3B and Linn preamp.

Much more musical. Go for it.
Talk to Kevin at harmonia-audio.com he is really a great guy.

Happy Listening,
Nick