Phono Amp Recommendations

I have a turntable and about 450 LPs, all in mint or near mint condition, that I have not listen too for over 15 years. While my wife has been very patient about the dust collectors, it has pretty much come to the point where I either listen to them or put them on eBay. So I thought I’d give them one more spin before I decide. However, I don’t know much about phono amps, so I would appreciate some recommendations for a good SS phono amp that handles both MM and MC cartridges (I’m not looking for a do-it-all preamp). I'm not opposed to buying a unit from the re-sell market either.
deana
I'm still using my old preamps phono section (PS Audio 5.6), but the Phonomena comes highly recommended from one of the biggest analog-philes I know.
Hi Deana,

If you're interested in the Black Cube, I recommend buying it used and saving yourself $300-$400. You can probably find one of the original versions for $350-ish (they are often listed on this site). They're very basic inside and there isn't much that can be damaged. It's not much of a risk if you can find a respectable seller with good feedback. You can always sell it for what you paid if you discover that vinyl isn't for you. And I agree with 4yanx...they sound quite good "as is"...you can always upgrade later if you fall in love with vinyl. Good luck.
An interesting observation is that the vinyl asylum seems to prefer the monolithic to the black cube. I have no experience with either but was ready to go with the Monolithic till I read this thread. I guess I'll toss a coin since I have nowhere to audition either.
Has anyone tried the new Grado phono amp yet? I don't know if it is even available yet. I just happen to see a new posting on their web site.
Deana & Artemus: Marakanetz makes interesting suggestions above -- I too put the Trichord well above the cube (i don't know the monolithic that well). Buy used if possible, the only problem being the European 230V transformers...