Need more bass response

I'm in dire need of more bass to balance out the sound in my system. Granted it's not high, high end but safe to say I have a fair amount invested. It is a Belles 150 HotRod amp linked to a Rogue Magnum 99 pre. Source is a Rega Jupiter ( newest model) and speakers are PSB silvers. The Rogue has a 3 position gain knob which leaves me wanting for another notch higher.
I'm asking if I were to add or change any component, what would the peanut gallery suggest? The cables are not equal to the quality of my system (read: I'm not sold on the difference between cables) yet they are not crap.
Go ahead- I'll take my licks.
Thanks in advance.
axspike
Thanks for the replies. To answer a few questions- the rig is set up in a typical 14 x 14 living room with 9' ceilings, carpeted and the usual furniture. Speakers are about 7'-8' apart. The thing is jazz recordings sound great-I mean great. But when I put something wilder on like Clapton's "From the Cradle" it sounds hollow like so many other rock recordings. Those CD's sound great on my stock Ford-Bose system in my SUV, as does jazz.
By more gain I meant when I increase the gain on the Rogue it seems to get me closer to the mix for my ear. I have to say my hearing is not what it used to be. Years of construction equipment and in my younger years, front row witness to many many great concerts of the late 60's and early 70's, have finally started cashing checks. But having said that I am still not deef. I'm still convinced I know good from bad and better from good.
As far as cables go...UGH! that seems as bad as shopping for wallpaper. Where in God's name do you start and how much of a screwing can I expect to take? How do the electrons know what's a good cable and what's crap. I mean is the guy straped in the electric chair hooked up to Valhallas or 8 guage romex? I need help on this issue.
I could upgrade the Belles power cord I suppose and the Rega but why does jazz sound so good and not rock?
Thanks guys for listening. I'll take anymore input. This is fun.
Upgraded power cord would help, different IC's or speaker cables. Believe it or not a FIM #880 AC power receptacle could improve bass responce also.
Can I quote you??

"...is the guy straped in the electric chair hooked up to Valhallas or 8 guage romex?"

That's priceless!

I'm afraid I'm not familiar enough with any of your equipment to offer useful commentary.

Incidentally, my gut reaction isn't to send you cable-shopping. My gut reaction is to suggest you move your listening position up against the rear wall and see if that gives you adequate bass response. I suspect that your squarish room is giving you a bass suck-out at your listening position, and you can see if the bass is maybe hiding out elsewhere by listening up against the back wall.

Best of luck to you!

Duke
Ever thought of adding a subwoofer? A musical subwoofer that is.

Sounds to me like you are hoping to get the PSB's and the Belles HotRod to go above and beyond.
i myself have moved away from rock recordings due to the poor recording/mastering. it almost seems as if most rock recordings are mastered for a boombox or car audio system.