Re-tube time for a BAT VK30. Advice please

It's time, the tubes are going sideways on me. You sure notice when your tubes are done eh? The VK30 uses (6) 6922 tubes. I've rolled tubes plenty over the years but I'd really like to avoid buying a bunch and experimenting. I like my sound laid back, the 'statics are plenty detailed enough. Musical taste is all over the map, Associated gear:

Oracle Delphi MkIV, SME345 Arm, Grado Reference Cartridge (marble base)

Lehmann Black Cube Phono Preamplifier

YBD CD Integre CD player (Brightstar base, with remote)

Magnum Dynalab FT11 tuner (Brightstar base)

Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette Deck

Grado RA-1 Headphone Amplifier

Balanced Audio Technology VK500 amplifier (with BATPAK)

Martin Logan Quest Z speakers

(2) 5' Synergistic Research AC Reference power cords (preamplifier, phono stage)

(1) YBA Diamond power cord (CD player)

(2) Harmonic Technology Pro AC11 power cords (amplifier)

(2) Maple Audio Works Ambiance interconnect (Black Cube, CDP)

(2) Transparent MusicLink interconnect cords (Tuner, Grado Headphone amp)

(2) Phoenix Gold RCA-Balanced interconnect cable (Nakamichi Deck)

Goertz Micropurl 25' Balanced interconnect (preamplifier to amplifier)

Transparent MusicWave 10' Bi-Wire speaker cables (spades)

I'd prefer to keep the re-tube cost reasonable, appreciate any and all suggestions. Thanks, Jeff
jeffloistarca
Yawn. Sure he says that since he has a big stock of them, and won't sell the really good stuff. Whatever. There's other places to shop in my book.

-Ed
I've used the Upscale 6H23's and they do sound very nice. Surprisingly very nice. Per $ they can not be beat. If you open up your wallet a bit, I would suggest Mullard, Tungsram or Valvo for a reasonable economical upgrade.
I went with BAT's recommendations; always have appreciated the personal service of Mr. Khomenko himself. Victor set me up with 6N23s and I'm very happy. Sounds great and I never have to worry when I go with what VK advises. After all, he's the designer.
First, STAY AWAY from Russian tubes & Chinese (line level small signal tubes & driver tubes). They're ALL CRAP when compared to a good NOS tube. Old Russian mil-spec tubes are just old crap. Hey, anybody want to buy my pair of Private Reserve Russian mil-spec NOISY 6SN7's? These tubes are also being sold at an OBSCENE profit, from what I've heard! Yeah, buying power tubes, go Russian, since the cost (and shorter life span vs. small signal tubes) makes NOS tubes all but prohibitive. And the greatest influence on audio quality comes from the small signal & driver tubes, NOT the finals (power) tubes. Upscale Audio appears to have shifted their business strategy. Now, it appears that they are primarily sellers of audio equipment, with a secondary purpose of selling tubes to the general public. Good NOS tubes are set aside for customers who have purchased tube gear from them. After learning the hard way, I discovered Vintage Tube Services. The man to whom you want to speak is Andy Bowman (www.vintagetubeservices.com. Tel. # is 616-454-3467). You'll definitely be impressed. Since he is a one man operation, it's best to CALL, not email, but definitely check out the website! He is the one who also told me about the "dirty little secret" concerning Mullard tubes. Many later production Mullards are actually rebranded Brimars!!! Good, but they still ain't Mullards. However, you still get charged the Mullard price! Take it from one who learned the hard way! And don't waste your money on Cryogenically treated tubes, especially with the jokers who use carbon dioxide (CO2) as the cooling agent. Happy Tunes!