I Take My Music Seriously

Sometimes too seriously. I can't help it. Being musical is something one is born with. Some people are more musical than others. I studied as a classical pianist for 12 years at the Conservatory of Music. What is your background? How musical are you and how seriously do you take your music system?
sabai
Not musically talented enough to be considered a musician(played tenor sax well enough, but only when reading music - no improptu talent whatsoever so I quit), but extra serious about music. The better my system gets, the less tolerant and more snobby I've become when hearing "music" elsewhere. Really irks my wife when we are out.
Good point Rockadanny. Gives me a good look in the mirror when I hear something other than my own. Like I'm meeting myself for the first time.
When listening, I get aggravated if the phone rings or my wife bugs me, so I turn them off for a while, guess I'm too serious.
I don't have a syncopated bone in my body, but I wished I did. I love the music that I listen to. On the other hand, I find myself less tolerant of others tastes. Some more than others. I think it's a byproduct of this hobby.

As for the seriousness of my system, isn't this what it's all about?

All the best,
Nonoise