Hardwood floors in basement music room?

I currently have carpet over concrete, and I'm thinking about removing the carpet and installing engineered hardwood over a glued down underlayment, does anyone have any pro or cons on this. The underlayment I was going to use is a lumber liquidator product called Eco silent sound HD, they also have a cork underlayment .
128x128tatool
Good selection...try also sealing the concrete floor before installing underlayment. If using cork floor you still need 6 ml ply for mositure control.
Curious as to why the underlayment. Is the finished hardwood a "floating" floor, or does it get fastened somehow? It's my understanding that the "floating" engineered hardwood could go directly over concrete. You might save some$$$$
by not installing the underlayment.
In my experience, I was way more successful and had better results in terms of musical enjoyemnt laying tile over concrete . I was going to do a wood floor in my basement but changed my mind when a neighbor who had wooden floors over concrete in his basement started to get rises, bows, and seams splitting in certain areas. He had the wooden floring for about 5 years, so, perhaps some of this is wear and tear, but, it was noticeable, and a persone could trip or something could get caught in the areas of the floor where it was rising. If done right, I am sure you may not have problems, but wood will always need to be treated.

I used ceramic tiles over radiant floor heating system and could not be happier. I used throw rugs in strategic locations in front of the speakers to reduce unwanted echoes. No problems after 5 years in my house with a full tile basement, just musical bliss. Good luck,

Audioquest4life
In the place I lived in before this one, I had a carpet on the hardwood floor between the listening chair and the speakers. Same thing in the place I was in before that one. However, I've got nothing at all on the wood floor in my current home. I tried putting down that very same (very nice) carpet, but it completely sucked the life out of the stereo, deadening, muffling everything. My room is mostly untreated -- and my system has never sounded better. Go figure.
In other words, I'm not sure you'll know until you try it out. If the wood doesn't work, you can always cover some of it with a carpet.