Hardwood floors in basement music room?

I currently have carpet over concrete, and I'm thinking about removing the carpet and installing engineered hardwood over a glued down underlayment, does anyone have any pro or cons on this. The underlayment I was going to use is a lumber liquidator product called Eco silent sound HD, they also have a cork underlayment .
128x128tatool
Good selection...try also sealing the concrete floor before installing underlayment. If using cork floor you still need 6 ml ply for mositure control.
Curious as to why the underlayment. Is the finished hardwood a "floating" floor, or does it get fastened somehow? It's my understanding that the "floating" engineered hardwood could go directly over concrete. You might save some$$$$
by not installing the underlayment.
In my experience, I was way more successful and had better results in terms of musical enjoyemnt laying tile over concrete . I was going to do a wood floor in my basement but changed my mind when a neighbor who had wooden floors over concrete in his basement started to get rises, bows, and seams splitting in certain areas. He had the wooden floring for about 5 years, so, perhaps some of this is wear and tear, but, it was noticeable, and a persone could trip or something could get caught in the areas of the floor where it was rising. If done right, I am sure you may not have problems, but wood will always need to be treated.

I used ceramic tiles over radiant floor heating system and could not be happier. I used throw rugs in strategic locations in front of the speakers to reduce unwanted echoes. No problems after 5 years in my house with a full tile basement, just musical bliss. Good luck,

Audioquest4life