Why aren't the older members still active ?

Just curious who is still very active from 2000 and earlier
on this site? I don't get on very often. I guess I have no opinions or my interest lies elsewhere. I remember in the early 2000s there seemed more interesting and heated topics then now. I cannot even get a rise out of anybody for saying "the Beatles where the worse group ever". I think somebody replied " I am a moron" without stating why he thought they were good. I started a thread in Music: Garage Band Hangover, about a website called Garage Hangover, but like 2 people responded. Some of my favs haven't been on in 3 even 5 years. So why is that?
shubertmaniac
10-01-11: Garebear
Hello Danlib 1 - ...your right ! What ever happened to '' Slappy ''....I recall a time when he was either getting dumped or had to dump a girlfriend and we ALL went through that with him and it was hysterical !!!! I too, have wondered what ever happened to him !

(Real name Chris) Slappy and I trade email occasionally, although it's been at least a year since I last heard from him. When he was active at Audiogon I throughly enjoyed him. A good natured, honest, funny young guy with an obvious love for life.

Slappy loves photography as well as music so he sends me images of his latest work and I send him some of my commercial stuff.

Not mentioned here, but Carl Eberhart and I still send each other email over photography. Very bright guy who was very active here ten years ago.

For technical responses I guess Sean is the most missed on my list. Our last communication he was in Chicago area but he stopped responding about four or five years ago.

Shubertmaniac, if you really want to know why people drop out, read the thread, "Best Way To Archive Vinyl on My PC"
Maybe the answer is less complex and more simplistic in terms of common sense and wisdom. It has always been a common belief we grow in wisdom as we grow in years and perhaps in doing so they choose the wisdom of listening to good music over bull shit.

Too tired to race
Too wise to still chase
The simple wisdom to enjoy the rythem and pace.
Gammajo, Hey . . . I'm with you. To echo just a couple of the points you mentioned, at least five pieces of my current rig were purchased from honorable fellow A'gon members. That doesn't include the other buys and sells that are now history.

I have leaned a great deal from many of the folks here too. One kinda interesting tidbit related to a suggestion made here to call a gentleman by the name of Tom Tutay of Transition Audio Design. Tom is one of the best unkept unsecrets out there. About 6 months or so back, I leaned that I was overloading the outputs of my linestage because the input impedance of my subwoofer was too low. Tom made a custom built impedance buffer device that summed L/R channels, lowered the load presented to my LS and corrected an asymetrical loading issue (Main 1 to amp was XLR and Main 2 to sub was SE).

And so forth and so on....

Let's not despair!!

Cheers.