Why aren't the older members still active ?

Just curious who is still very active from 2000 and earlier
on this site? I don't get on very often. I guess I have no opinions or my interest lies elsewhere. I remember in the early 2000s there seemed more interesting and heated topics then now. I cannot even get a rise out of anybody for saying "the Beatles where the worse group ever". I think somebody replied " I am a moron" without stating why he thought they were good. I started a thread in Music: Garage Band Hangover, about a website called Garage Hangover, but like 2 people responded. Some of my favs haven't been on in 3 even 5 years. So why is that?
shubertmaniac
I find myself posting less and less for several reasons: among them are that many of the threads seem to repeat themselves endlessly at frequent intervals. Also questions like what is the best --- at X$ with nothing stated as to the rest of the system or the taste and room size of the poster are simply not capable of being answered. Debates like the current 5000+ post one on the general merits of MM VS MC get boring quickly, at least to me. Questions about how specific MMs compare to specific MCs are more capable of being answered helpfully as far as I can see. One essential thing about this hobby is to determine your own taste in equeptment; no matter what others may say it is what you like that is important. Sadly many either don't trust their own hearing or don't want to undergo the necessary learning curve and want to be told what is the best; this I take to be the reason why there is so much great gear on here at good prices. Debates on the merits of different artists or music types seem perticulary useless. You like it or you don't and no amount of discussion will make the smallest difference. I am indifferent to the Beatles myself; this may say something about me but nothing at all about them; ditto with Bob Dylan. I undoubtably like some that the next person hates, who cares? Unless we are perhaps to adopt Fortinbras [ misspelled] dictum that "Truly, to be great is to find a quarel in a straw".
They got tired of people who were just trying to start arguments posting all the time?
Shubert..., good question, but you really should get on more often. You're missing some really good pissing matches. Discretion restrains me from mentioning names or threads, but a couple of times, several members have practically called each other out.

That's a shame because it's only a hobby. Honestly, I enjoy the science and technology aspects and a number of members are very knowlegeable. I have exchanged a number of e-mails offline from time to time with a few members to learn more about the technical side of our hobby.

Glad to have you back. Cheers!
Hi. I am active since 2002. I think, there are still some interesting threads and posts but not many. And you are right. I just said that Pink Floyd's DSOTM is the most overrated album and that they cannot sing, and no-one reacted. Also, I started a thread about matching cartridge and speakers, and except one person and two imbiciles nobody seems to be interested. And when I say that if you want to have your cartridge perfectly aligned do it by ear, there is not much enthusiasm. And I think that's because many audiophiles have no patience or/and good hearing. But overall it is still not too bad.