Is it okay to talk around your speakers?

When a system is not on, should you avoid making any noise near the speakers? I am thinking about back EMF caused by the speaker cones moving and then sending voltage backwards into the crossover and the rest of the system - could this cause damage or even minor degradation to the sound quality after a while? Do you unhook the speakers when not in use just to be on the safe side?
6550c
I don't care what my speakers think about me. They're not being paid to think. If they don't do their job, they'll be fired. End of story.
I have been a member of Agon since 2003, reading the forums daily and I have yet to see a post so idiotic...
We talk allot about tweaking gear to sound better like spending mega bucks on power cables (which may be the same thing with another name on it) lets spend more on a cable than the actual amp! And things like Beaks? What the heck is a beak? If that's not the craziest thing yet! If it really works, then why doesn't the manufacture add this?

We don't talk much about protecting and preventing damage to our equipment or even things that may cause minor sound degradation overtime. Maybe because prevention doesn't involve selling a voodoo logic product. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, and I guess there are allot of dealers that can't really bring in the good products aymore, so now they just focus on selling the cure.
>>11-07-10: Rudd
I have been a member of Agon since 2003, reading the forums daily and I have yet to see a post so idiotic... <<

I've seen plenty, although I'd personally call it nonsense.
And I suspect 6550 is just trying to stir the pot and get us to think a little.