Nordost Quantum Technology Products

Does anyone have any experience with either the QX2 or QX4? Not much in the archives and googling doesn't produce many results regarding if they work or what may be expected in sound quality. My local dealer would like to sell me one or 2 but does not have the units to demo. He has never steered me wrong but if this is such a great product I would expect to get more positive results at least when googling the item.
Thanks
xti16
Finally got my trade-in speakers! Expect to have the Nordost QX4 (part of the trade) after the New Year. will post.
Lloydelee21, I look forward to hearing how it works out with the Q4. I'm still as thrilled with my Q's as I ever was.

off topic..I just got some Something Solid light rigid speaker stands for my Harbeth compact 7's and a big improvement on the ancient high mass Cliff Stone Foundations I was using before. Currently using the supplied spikes onto a wood block floor on concrete. Seems ok.
Hi Apshift,

Solid support is incredibly important. Tubed equipment, speakers, transports...to say nothing of turntables (which i dont own). Have you ever tried HRS products?...my word, they are incredible. Components dont vibrate, even upon knocking/tapping. and the sound is more solid...a shimmer you sometimes dont realize is there suddently stops. The image becomes still and more solid. Also, if you have tubes, i use the EAT tube damper...another winner for $19.

As for Qx4, it arrives tomorrow! i will post!
It arrived!!! In a word stunning. In more words...

(To me), the Nordost QX4 is not ostensibly about clarity, or soundstage, or detail, or even a lower noise floor...all of which could apply to this piece of equipment to a greater or lesser degree. I acknowledge that many of these terms DO apply to power conditioners (particularly the better ones).

(To me), the Nordost Qx4 takes whatever signal you are playing and makes it more like REAL MUSIC and less like well reproduced sound. Specifically,

- say you have 1 piano and 1 violin playing with a small orchestral ensemble in the background. Without the Qx4, you end up with 2 instruments playing clearly in the foreground with the orchestra in the background.

- WITH the Qx4, you suddenly realize (for the first time), that the piano and violin are actually playing off of each other...and that the composer meant for the two instruments to actually be playing a contrapuntal theme

- Super-subtle taps/rhythms which were in the background suddenly make sense as an added bit of rhythm to the main tune.

- Chorus background suddenly makes sense and becomes more obvious as a backup to the main singer.

i know...i know...it is the only way i can describe the effect of the Qx4. But that is what it did when i had a qx1 in my Thor...and now in my qx4.

the neat thing is you can turn off/on the unit even with everything playing thru it. not that i needed to...it was that obvious. the one thing i will say is...i dont want to turn it off anymore!...even to compare! i just want to listen to music.

and in the end, that for me is the point. Happy holidays everyone!
Hi,Lloydelee21, Just picked this up. I agree with absolutely every thing you say. The Q's reveal a musicality that I always missed in Hi Fi. And yes,.. why would you mess about turning them on and off! Just relax and listen. A life time in professional audio helps me not all to understand how these gadgets work. Radiation? Of what? Why can't we detect it! Rare metals at work, maybe?

I have persuaded my local hi fi dealer (that I got my ATC amp and Harbeth speakers from ten years ago!) to come by soon and take a listen. He now deals mainly in Naim gear and was unimpressed by the Thor a while back. I think he will be re-impressed.

If anyone knows what's going on with Quantum and Nordost do tell. The website has been same for nearly two years.

Re. Stands. I just bought a pair of Something Solid stands made by Mark Orr. Rigid light weights replacing my ancient massive Cliff Stone Foundations. Nice tighter bass, crisper timing. Excellent for 200 GBP.

I think vibration and resonance problems will be specific to any set up. I have used inner tubes and home made cups-and-balls to deal with the problems caused by the wooden unit in which I hide my gear from my wife.

Minute changes of these items can effect the whole spectral balnce of the sound in very audible ways. Presumably any vibration of equipment must modulate the sound.

Hey, Lloydlee21 get back to that music!