What is the best two channel SACD player for $1500

I am currently using a Sony C555ES SACD player that is six years old. I have a Cambridge 840A V2 integrated amp and Totem Sttaf speakers. Can I significantly upgrade my SACD player for $1500.00 or less? I am tracking the players currently posted but would like some input.

Dmg
dmg
" what is warm to a stereophile reviewer is not warm to me."

Any Stereophile reviewer?

Kal
i have provided a definition of warmth. i cannot ascertain a definition offered by a stereophile reviewer because none has been offered.

it is important that reviewers define terms as they use them. adjectives have subjective meaning and are ambiguous in connotation unless defined.

does anyone have another definition of warmth than that which i proposed ?
Nope. I fully agree with your definition. I was trying to point out that one cannot generalize among all Stereophile reviewers.

Kal
Rar1,

Thanks for this thoughtful reply. I do have the concern you mentioned and several others. The amp and speakers are new and I want to maxamize them.The player is old and a natural place to look to upgrade. I'm exploring whether or not I can.

Dmg
Hi Dmg,

I had the feeling that you and I were looking at a similar issue.

What I don't know are what your tastes in music are like. If you do not buy a lot of classical music, you are not buying many SACDs. I listen to a lot of opera and have maybe 10 or so opera SACDs (or said differently there are only 10 or so opera SACDs). I also listen to folk, country, and 60's/70's rock. After the Dylan, Stones, Genesis, and Elton John re-issues, I am not holding my breath for any other major re-issues. That's why once my SONY passes on, that will most likely be it for me with SACD players.

If you find yourself with a substantial number of SACDs, I would look at the SONY 5400. If not, then the redbook CD players that I mentioned above are where I would start looking. I would hold on to the SONY for the occasional SACD playback. I am in the middle of a major Dylan re-discovery, so my SONY is seeing some action.

Let us know how you make out with all this.

Best regards,

Rich