What happened to those dreaded 1099 forms we were going to receive from Paypal?

So, who received a 1099 form from Paypal that everyone was dreading and caused so many to change how they would receive payment? I'm quite curious as I didn't receive one. Didn't know what topic to use so I chose the one with most traffic.

Ag insider logo xs@2xsoundsspectacular

No one in the top 10% ever says that. They just smile and live their lovely lives knowing you're taking up the slack.

All the best,
Nonoise

Guess it is.

1. Are you a 10 percenter that is so loaded they just smile and go their merry way.

2. Or are you one that takes up the 10 percenters slack?  

1) Nope. Nowhere near the top 10%

2) No, I'm down with the other 229 Million who support them.

Unfortunately, some states did implement the 600 threshold for 2022 even though the feds delayed it so many of us who lived in those states received a 1099 and will have to report the amounts on both forms.

And that's one reason why it's nice to live in Texas with no state income tax!

Tell me where California ranks when it comes to taxing it's citizens and, get a lead of the breakdowns.

All the best,
Nonoise

@nonoise 

Lol, I think you'll have a hard time getting Texans to opt for a state income tax, even though property and sales taxes are higher than some states.  And, why do you bring up California, anyway?  And, since you brought it up, why are people leaving CA in droves?

@mtrot I brought up California because it invariably comes up when taxes are discussed and someone shoots off about how there's no income taxes in Texas. In fact, I'd wager that here, on A'gon, it's de rigueur and a casual look at past threads will prove it out. Just wanted to cut 'em off at the pass. Everyone enjoyed the silence.

When you think of it, imagine how much your contribution would go down if you did have a state income tax. If the top 1% paid your rate, yours would come down, considerably, all things being equal. Might even ease up on the property taxes as well. So many ways to reorganize and reorient priorities.

As for the "everyone's leaving California in droves" meme, that's been beaten to death here already. All states have ups and downs with those moving in and others moving out. If that were really true and indicative of a real, trending and permanent thing, then I'm all for it. In fact, when you do leave California, take a friend.

All the best,
Nonoise

Last year I received one and was stunned I had to report $20 k 

for theAudio purifiers I make being  semi retired ,and then having to spend $8 taxes on older used gear ,Biden is senile and clueless ,tax more tax to thisHuge inflation  he created , why do I  have to pay tax 2 x this is insane .

I called  PayPal they said you can go to your user page and download this .

this is getting yo be just too much  with all this gov red tape !!

For a senile person, Biden did right by increasing the IRS budget to go after the top earners who criminally evade paying their taxes. But the House Republicans killed the funding to protect their donors. That leaves the ordinary citizen to pick up the slack. 

By the way, he didn't create this inflation and taxing doesn't add to inflation. What it does is bring down the deficit which helps a heck of a lot to fight inflation. But try telling that to people who don't want to listen.

All the best,
Nonoise

Anyone know a Dr Sloan here? He appeared seriously triggered by one of my posts here and sent me several insulting barely readable PMs. Never heard of him or seen him post here before.

the house of Representatives is reconsidering the $600 threshold...it's on hold at the IRS and probably won't be implemented this year if at all

"third-party settlement organizations will not be required to report tax year 2022 transactions on a Form 1099-K to the IRS or the payee for the lower, $600 threshold amount enacted as part of the American Rescue Plan of 2021. remember, let's attribute this nonsense to who was in power in 2021

The companies with all the money (E, P) made some well placed campaign contributions and all is good.  

@superdryb20 Are you talking about for the 2022 tax year or 2023?  The IRS delayed the $600 threshold to 2023.  Are you saying the current House is looking at the threshold and where did you hear that?