The Weekend

Well, just watched the half-time Super Bowl, and I am impressed and (should I say it?), surprised by The Weekend.  Perhaps it's my biases at play here, but I am shocked and happy about it.  Or as I was coached at my job, my "unconscious bias".  I loved it!
rpeluso
I’m on the side of thinking it was a flop of a halftime show, and I generally find them entertaining and dare I say fun.

My three kids think that The Weeknd is pretty lame.

But you know what, if you liked the show and the singer more power to you, everyone has their own tastes.  
" And ya, dill, I am sure your motivations were innocent. Not."

-Before I give you the reason I mentioned it twice, please tell me why you think my prior posts where "obviously racist"
I don’t know what that music is called, as I only listened for the first minute before I turned it off.  If I had to guess, I would say Pop but who knows.  It is not we older people that have strange music taste, it’s the children of today.  Many of these phenomenons don’t play any instruments or write their own songs.   I never really cared for pop or as we called it in my youth, bubblegum music.  I am Rock guy, real Rock, jazz and some Classical.  I like certain female vocalists, but not Lady Ga Ga.  Today’s youth seem to care more about the choreography than the actual music.  Growing up, you never saw Hendrix, The Who, Tull, Floyd, etc with dancers behind them.   
Well, this old guy is going to take a nap now. 
Now, if you like to hear and watch something modern and really good. Find Avicii Tribute Concert on youtube. Large orchestra.