Tekton custom grills

There are some active discussions concerning the delivery of speakers and specifically speaker grills for the incredible Tekton Speakers. But nothing on this forum. I'm now nine months waiting on grill delivery. Anyone else??
128x128brianpack
You assume I’m a Tekton boy as you put it. I would defend other companies as well and have If I feel they don't deserve it. Also, I build my own speakers thank you, and know how hard it is? That's all. 

As a general rule, I hate conflict and wish posts were more civil. Calling people names. I don’t think we’re in grade school anymore.

I do agree if I had 25 million dollars I could probably build some pretty accurate speakers and would be pretty mad if the machine I had did not have a real tight tolerance.

Well, I’m out I’ve got more important things to do instead of arguing over silly things. Never should have posted. was not worth my time, as a matter of fact, I might take an audiogon forum vacation.

I have ascertained that the paint flaking on my DIs is due entirely to my mishandling them and not a fault in the paint job. 

The grill cloth is glued then staples onto the back of the grill frame. This is all well and good. I am not complaining (except some of the sticky glue is exposed, but that is nitpicking and not the issue here).

The problem is this:

With the grills on the speakers, I was repositioning them by pressing the grills against the face of the speakers when pushing them back. The flaking is actually the staples chipping the paint. It is only apparent at the precise location that I press to push the speakers back. 

I post this for a few reasons:

1) I am a fan of the sound these speakers produce in my room, but I am not a fanboy. I don’t regret my purchase AT ALL and hope Tekton van eventually work out the grill issue. Yet this thread is getting nasty, and I would like to separate myself from that nastiness.

2) Hopefully other Tekton owners can avoid this issue if they reposition their speakers with grills.

3) I am also not going to post on this thread anymore, and I am thankful nobody will miss me either.
@kristofa

I’ll miss ya!!!!!!! :)
Your post helped me avoid having that issue. I put Gorilla tape on the stapled area.
Thanks!