Synergistic Research Cable Risers?

Recenty Synergistic  research  brought out some cable risers.  https://www.synergisticresearch.com/accessories/cable-risers/

The audio press said they made one of the biggest differences when taken out of the system, then re installed back in. Does anyone have first hand experience with these ?

That being said, they seem like quite a bit of money for what you get, however if they  work at improving the sound it would be worth it. I do use Synergistic products  which have made a definite improvement in sound but am quite skeptical on this product.
simguy

Showing 8 responses by tomic601

GK - You are now also the “ reigning physical scientist of Audiogon “ !!!!
@nonoise yep carpets! And I can tell you wool is about as bad... carpet that is. the sheep dog makes fine portable absorption!

like I said 1980’s we discovered the floor was killing sound....

I know GK will remember Enid....
For the record in 1982 we went to hardwood floors in the demo rooms, all 7 of them..... because we didn’t need cable risers....
But on Monday, I will call Mike at HRS, because he is a Real engineers engineer and see what he thinks about damping vibration in that 1m of cable. I can see with my accelerometer ( yes I have one, and an SPL meter and an RTA... did you throw out the rusty tape measure... yet ? ) that the Vandersteen cabinet and the HRS isolated Vandersteen amp ain’t moving much ( when you get real tools we can compare the differential)....

who knows, maybe a constrained layer cable wrap will emerge...
Of course I run a meter of Audioquest with low mass gas tight connection and 128 v to keep the Dialectric fully formed 24/7. In the air 24/7.

maybe  you should read more of my posts, retire and catch up - there is a whole world outside of your limited experience 
Ego gets in the way of learning, of course ! Get rid of the red synergistic carpet Charlie....
Uber: i am holding out for a shipping damaged Green Egg, the bits should have few if any parallel surfaces.....
what might be more helpful is a discussion of how and why it might work and some possible reasons. I think IF you are using a highly ( a relative term ) capacitive cable with poor dialectric, risers might be a waste. Of course the Uber or BDP suggestions are low cost. IF your room floor is carpet then insulating risers may help. Not so much on hardwood ( the real thing ) or natural stone / slate. i have a bunch of Myrtlewood blocks cut in the “ word salad “ golden ratio...those are cheap and easy to make on my Delta Unisaw but with a German fence....... no daughters for rent