Source for resistors for an acoustech/sutherland phono preamp

Could someone give me a link to buy resistors 47k and under. I bought some but they are much bigger than what they replaced. I have an Ortofon black that I’m tweaking by using resistors under 47k. I’m trying to expand the bottom end. The ortofon specs call for 50k to 200k loading. I’ve read that under 50k is optimal. I know this sounds wrong and contradicts Ortofon but I can't  get the bottom end that my Dynavector 20x2 had. The resistors are an easy switchout but the ones I got from Parts Connexion are huge. About 10 times or more larger. Would the size affect performance?

128x128blueranger

Sounds like you didn’t pay attention to the wattage. Phonos need very low wattage. 0.25 would be plenty.

Yes, it matters but not in your work right now. :)

If you’re in the US, Mouser, Digikey, and others sell resistors by mail order. For phono you want high quality. Michael Percy Audio has them. Texas Instruments TX2575 ( from TI on line) or Caddock TF020 (from Percy) are both excellent. So are the brands mentioned above. Even 1/4 Watt is overkill for this. I question the wisdom of what you’re planning to do and the rationale for it but have fun.

Thanks for the responses! I ordered some lower wattage resistors to play around with .

Changing loading isn't going to help your bottom end much. It basically just changes the top end. 

Perhaps play with VTA and VTF instead?