Rega Planet 2000 vs. Jolida LD-100

I'm here to solicit opinions since I live about 120 miles from the nearest dealer of quality audio gear and have little opportunity to audition equipment. Since I have learned so much from reading these forums over the years as a bystander, I thought I'd ask your opinion on CDP's. I'm interested in purchasing a player in the $500-$700 range (used) and have found the reviews on these two to be overall outstanding.

I'm not really interested in SACD as I watch very few DVD's. So my question to you: Would you go with the Rega or the Jolida (or feel free to recommend another). I've considered the Sony XA7ES, but they typically sell for $1k used... a tad out of my price range.

Thanks!
mn_glacier

Showing 1 response by mtbrider

Although I have not listened to the Planet 2000, I did own the original Planet for many years. I recently replaced it with the Jolida, and I am very pleased with the sound. The Jolida is more dynamic and lively, and gives you the opportunity to tailor the sound to your tastes through "tube-rolling". The build quality is very good.