Rega Planet 2000 vs. Jolida LD-100

I'm here to solicit opinions since I live about 120 miles from the nearest dealer of quality audio gear and have little opportunity to audition equipment. Since I have learned so much from reading these forums over the years as a bystander, I thought I'd ask your opinion on CDP's. I'm interested in purchasing a player in the $500-$700 range (used) and have found the reviews on these two to be overall outstanding.

I'm not really interested in SACD as I watch very few DVD's. So my question to you: Would you go with the Rega or the Jolida (or feel free to recommend another). I've considered the Sony XA7ES, but they typically sell for $1k used... a tad out of my price range.

Thanks!
mn_glacier
I think that they are system dependent. I have not used a rega 2000, but did own a planet and a jupiter, and believe it or not the planet sounded better in one of my systems. I am currently using a new Jolida that is only 24 hours old, and I am liking it very much. I would have to give the edge to the Jolida for sound quality. As far as reliability, I think Rega is probably better. Their products seem bulletproof.
Although I have not listened to the Planet 2000, I did own the original Planet for many years. I recently replaced it with the Jolida, and I am very pleased with the sound. The Jolida is more dynamic and lively, and gives you the opportunity to tailor the sound to your tastes through "tube-rolling". The build quality is very good.
Just sold my Planet 2000 and replaced it with the JD-100. I had an original Planet before (I liked the sound of the 2000 better), and love the Rega products, but for me the JD-100 is a welcome improvement in every way. It is a solid beast of a player, runs quieter than the Rega, and the music sounds more fluid and natural--less processed, is the only way I can say it. I am very happy with this player, and I listen to everything from Cesaria Evora to Tool, from Tchaikovsky to Alice in Chains. Hope that helps.
Thanks for your input folks! I bought my JD-100 about a week ago and have been breaking it in gently since. So far I'm impressed with it's value (sure there are better, but for the money, it's hard to beat). I'm going to let it get a few hundred hours on it and then start playing with tubes.

There are some wonderful tube-rolling guides already on the forums for the Jolida.