Poor Fritz

There’s no better value and no one as willing to make bespoke speakers out there than Fritz and these forums treat his speakers as if they cost $200K.
They don’t. They are remarkably affordable and yet potential customers put him through the absolute ringer, asking for custom features, going through 2 or 3 models of home auditions and maybe not even buying any of them.

Look, you buy what you want to buy, but I think not enough credit is given to the man or his speakers in terms of the overall value proposition and I think this is a disservice overall.  If you write a 5 page review, please keep this very much in mind that you are not reviewing Wilson or Focal's flagships.  Maybe he doesn't deserve quite the same scrutiny.

erik_squires
Fritz explained to me that there is too much risk with floorstanding speakers because if 1 is damaged in shipping, you have to re-veneer both in order to get the veneer bookmatched.  I also think that the floorstanding ones got damaged more than the smaller monitors.  
He packages his speakers really well but I could see being concerned about damaging floorstanding speakers.

I’m sure Fritz would build a pair of floorstanding speakers but you’ll pay and there will be no trial or refund.  

@b_limo 

Do the Fritz have any weaknesses in sound quality? What improvements could be made if the speakers were sold for ten times their current price?
I knew a lady who made violins, violas and cellos.  She was a silver medalist in the US.  I loved the sound of her instruments, and the horror stories she had over selling direct were such that she never sold direct even to friends.  The care and feeding of the musicians was so great she couldn't possibly make violins AND take care of them, and this was in fact something her dealers did very well.

This is also something I think about when I think of Fritz and other one-person shops.  They not only have to make the speakers, they have to market them, they have to put up with people nickel and dime ing them, criticizing them like they would do no major brand, and deal with the entire sales process.

I simply cannot imagine wanting to be in that business at all, so if you find a bespoke speaker maker you like and trust and buy from, please, treat them well.

Best,

Erik
Post removed