Pass X600 Will it heat my room too much ??

I am considering moving from Levinson 436 monoblocks to Pass X600 monoblocks. My only concern is how much they will heat my dedicated 14'x 21' room. I have heard that they would cause me to stop a movie half way thru or I would have to put in a dedicated ac unit to supplement the main ac unit.
Help me out here ladies and gentlemen !!
Thanks for responding if you owm these!!
billandsol

It probably depends on how hot of a room you can take before feeling uncomfortable.

I tried an XA30.5 in my 10' x 12.5' x 8' room. The room's volume is 1000 cu. ft. and the XA30.5 put out 200 watts into the room. I was sweating and irritable and returned it to Reno Hi-Fi.

Your room's volume is 2352 cu. ft. if you have an 8' ceiling. So it's almost 2.5 times the volume of mine. Each X600.5 puts out 600 watts into the room (I'm assuming that the X600 puts out the same). That's 1200 watts or six times the heat in two and a half times the space of my room.

It looks like the two 436 monoblocks put out 360 watts into the room at idle, so about 30% of the heat of the X600.

So it depends on how hot you can take it.

Can you audition them or hear them in their current setup to see what how much heat they put off?

Chuck
It's not the heat you have to worry about, your electric bill will go through the roof if you leave the on all the time.
Putting it simply.
The X series is class A/B
The XA series is class A
A XA150 will heat up the room much more than a X600 will. Even though the X600 is far more powerful and probably larger.

Cheers George
I have yet to encounter an amp that put out so much heat that it bummed me out. I have a couple of tube amps with 4 output tubes per channel. One operayes in class A, I am ccertain about that. I freely admit that the tubes get very, very hot and put out plenty of heat I just don't position myself close to the amps, I am at least 8-10 feet away. The rooms seem to handle it well.
I hope I haven't jinxed myself because I now have to downsize post divorce. My new place is quite small she got the house (they always get the house!!)
Mechans

I hope your divorce wasn't over this hobby. I want a pair of XA100.5's and my wife is not happy about it. So if I want them I am just going to have to pull the trigger and see how it goes.

By the way I had an INT-30A in my listening room for a couple of weeks which is about the same size as yours and has a cathedral ceiling and from a heat perspective I never even knew it was on.
I run a pair of XA60.5's (220 watts each) 24/7 in a 25x16x8 foot room and never notice any increase in room temperature!

My electric bill for these amps is $25/mo.

Hot tube amps with fans is another matter.
I have a pair of XA100.5's in a 16x20 ft room. The 100's put out 600 watts of heat at idle and yes it does heat up my room. I had a pair of XA60.5s before the xa100.5's and I could not tell much of a difference with them, but with the XA100.5's I can. The X600's will put out 1200 watts of heat at idle, thats like a portable heater. I believe alot depends on your tolerance of the added heat and how good your air conditioning is in the room, as for me I have not had the XA100.5's during the summer months yet, bought in October, so the jury is still out on whether they will stay permanently in my system
Wow after reading this I may have to rethink my desire for the 100.5's and perhaps go with the 60.5's. I really haven't thought much about the heat or the increase in my electric bill but I would not keep them on 24/7 but would leave them in stand-by when not listening.
I own an XA30.5 and never noticed a heat build up even when I used it in one of my smaller 10' x 14' rooms.
I know this may sound crazy!, I love the massive heat my Krell 700cx offers,pure class A!,, the electric bill is always very fair, not high at all!,, The thing is,, to me,, why in the world would eanybody buy an exspensive amp and then complain about the electric bill and heat?, I am dumb founded by that!, If you can afford the amp, the electric bill is nothing!,, I like the heat because it gives me a since of having a rocket engine for an amp,LOL!,, very gratifying,makes me feel I spent money on an amp worth paying for!,, cheers!

I think that we sometimes forget that we are answering these posts while looking in our own mirror.

In my initial response, I said "It probably depends on how hot of a room you can take before feeling uncomfortable.".

I am 6'2" and unfortunately weigh 300 lbs. I'm warm at work when the temperature is 70 degrees, while others are in their offices with their space heaters running.

So when I get hot and am sweating in my 10' x 12.5' room, it's isn't an enjoyable experience for me. I have no problem concerning the electric bill, but I personally can't see pretending to be enjoying myself knowing that I have a great amp if I'm miserable sitting there listening.

Chuck
The power draw at idles is posted on Pass Labs web site in the specification section
@ Krell_man,, Your situation is very understandable!, My room is bigger than yours!, however, I live in Mobile,Al The heat index here is a whoping 110 degrees in the summer!, I still enjoy the heat of my amp!, This is spring, I live in a three bedroom two full bath house, My amp litterally heats the whole house at times!, you are a different person than me!,, I still love the heat my amp does!,, Crazy I am!,,, cheers!