Node 2i use with external DAC

I recently purchased a Node 2i that I use as a streamer and DAC that is plugged into a Schiit Freya + Preamp powered by two Vidar amps.   Wondering if it would be worth buying one of Schiit's higher end DAC's or is the DAC inside the Node 2i sufficient enough where there won't be a noticeable difference?
mvrooman1526
I agree a good quality external DAC can improve the sound quality but whether or not you can hear the difference will ultimately depend on the quality of the rest of your system. Also keep in mind you may not be able to take advantage of the fully MQA encoded content if the outboard DAC does not support MQA. If that’s important to you, you should then consider an MQA-capable DAC.
+1, soix.  
Separates for flexibility and much higher gains in SQ vs. one box streamer/DAC component. 
You know, I recommend that you just enjoy your 2i for a couple of months before getting antsy and start spending the long bucks.

Yes, the 2i sells so well because of its satisfying sound quality at a reasonable price, but I bet that over a 1,000 2is sell for each one of the high cost units. The others are not going anywhere, just enjoy for awhile what you have and then make a decision.

@jetter - there's something to be said for that. It's a damn good product for the money, and you have to spend considerably more to better it by a noticeable amount. 
the 2i will benefit from a better DAC, but is still ultimately limited as a source, so I wouldn't spend big money on a DAC...maybe a Bifrost or Gungnir, or Denafrips Ares ll