Node 2i use with external DAC

I recently purchased a Node 2i that I use as a streamer and DAC that is plugged into a Schiit Freya + Preamp powered by two Vidar amps.   Wondering if it would be worth buying one of Schiit's higher end DAC's or is the DAC inside the Node 2i sufficient enough where there won't be a noticeable difference?
mvrooman1526
You know, I recommend that you just enjoy your 2i for a couple of months before getting antsy and start spending the long bucks.

Yes, the 2i sells so well because of its satisfying sound quality at a reasonable price, but I bet that over a 1,000 2is sell for each one of the high cost units. The others are not going anywhere, just enjoy for awhile what you have and then make a decision.

@jetter - there's something to be said for that. It's a damn good product for the money, and you have to spend considerably more to better it by a noticeable amount. 
the 2i will benefit from a better DAC, but is still ultimately limited as a source, so I wouldn't spend big money on a DAC...maybe a Bifrost or Gungnir, or Denafrips Ares ll
I think I'll plan on investing in a higher end DAC knowing that I'll replace the Node2i with a better source in the future.  It will be "good" for now but will slowly upgrade as I go along.  

This discussion has been extremely helpful.  Thanks to all for sharing their experience/knowledge.  
Hi everyone. Is it possible to use node2i as master to turn on and off benchmark dac2/3 + ahb2 pre+power set via 12v trigger port. Idea is to get all components powered when node2i awakes from standby state either via airplay, bluetooth, spotify connect, tidal connect or by its own remote control or mobile application. For sure all components shall power off than when I put node2i back to standby mode. If someone can confirm that, I guess my only problem will remain as volume control as node2i will not be able to control volume knob of dac2 or 3 and unfortunately my dac2 always turns on at volume level 0, I don’t know why.