Naim and Elac Adante, Wow

The new Elac Adantes are creating a lot of buzz both good and bad.

We were mixed on the speakers initially as certain sonic aspects were fantastic while others were less then satisfactory.

The Adante AS 61 has a relatively low sensitivity so we thought 40 watts will not be enough.

Surprise the Naim Uniti Atom with Wireworld cables produced an intoxicating sound.

The Atom is warm and punchy so the combo matched perfectly.

Elac and Naim fantastic together and affordable.

3k amp which includes dac and streamer,  plus 2.5k speakers other then cables and stands this combo would make a lot of people very happy.

We would urge prospective Adante purchasers to seek out this combo these two products mesh while other combos of electronics with the Adantes may be why some people are not liking the speakers.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
128x128audiotroy
wow Audiotroy you really talk some crap! I cannot defend Vandersteen -not my cup of tea -however several people do think the Balsa skinned carbon cones are a breakthrough and I have seen the measurements -have you seen the Focal driver measurements? contact Kieth Howard and he will provide you with dozens of Focal measurements - in there most expensive lines horrible break up modes and resonances -no they are anything but Balsa clean like the Vandy 7 -this is the only Vandy i would want to own by the way  anyway those cones are incredibly free of breakup modes. As for Harbeth they have especially formulated cones that no one else has that are said to be very revealing in the all important midrange .You go on about the newer speakers sharper treble -have you not read any of the articles where this is referred to the old age hearing aid curve that speaker designers have to have so there old fart half deaf customers AudioTroys need to have to hear any detail anymore ? anyway you then stait that the Adante deliberately has a flaw in the treble because they are bringing out dearer lines -rubbish most designers try to have as few  flaws as possible the real reason is the Adante is overpriced rubbish and i'll take the German designed Elacs anyday over them  Also anyone who thinks the original Wilson watt and early puppies were accurate please i know its legal over there but lay off the weed ! +- 10 db or more errors in response give the credit to focal for the drivers not Wilson show me a square wave passed through them -time accurate like Duntech for example not even close -anyway i only read half way so far Vivid I agree about he knows his stuff shame it is just so blastard expensive cheers
Audiogod66, really!  We call em like we here em. The Adantes are a good line of speakers for the money, are they better than anything else for the price that depends on the listener and their  tastes.

We have done demos of the Elac AS 61 a $2,500.00 monitor vs both the Harbeth Compact 7 a $4k monitor and the ATC SCM 19MK II also a $4k monitor. Harbeths are intrinsically colored you can not have a box which resonates and tell me that a lively cabinet is not going to impart some desgree of coloration to the sound. 

We never stated that the Adantes have a flaw in the treble because they are bringing out a more expensive line, the Adantes are built to a price point that fact that they actually aquint themselves very well vs some of the most highgly respected monitors the Harbeth and the ATC for example talks volumes about how good they are for the price. 

We would never expect a $2,500.00 set of monitors to be pefect and are willing to overlook their flaws vs what they do well for the price. 

Also we never said anywhere that the original WP were accurate they were not, they were however one of the best selling expensive pairs of loudspeakers that ever hit the market because they were exciting and dynamic sounding loudspeakers. 

As per the original German Elacs we owned them and they were very nice speakers, they were however, not a particular good value for the money and were generally eclipsed by the Dali loudspeakers we were selling at the time. 

Most of the top loudspeaker manufacturers makes pistonic drivers, do you honestly think B&W or KEF who are giant companies with huge resources can't make a cone which is pistonic?

As per Duntech sold em in the past, they weren't that good, as per Vivid excellent speakers, we prefered the new Paradigm Personas and the Kef Reference but the Vivid's were excellent. 

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ

Speaking of Elac, Audiotroy, what are your thoughts on the FS 509 VX-Jet? Might be a destination speaker for me.

Thanks,
RZemkoski
Hi, 

I own the ELAC Adante AS-61 and I'm currently looking for an amp and preamp to match with them. Hifi is a relatively new hobby for me so I'm not able to describe how the speakers sounds yet. I believe this takes some experience.

I was contemplating getting the new Parasound (hint 6 or p6/a21+/a23+) when I saw a used accuphase e560 (pure class A amp rated at 30W) for $4000. The accuphase is apparently much better quality but i contacted elac to check on the power and Andrew Jones responded saying "The accuphase is way underpowered. Go with the Parasound". 

Anyone here has experience with the adantes paired with parasound gear? Do share your thoughts. And how do they compare to say Naim, Accuphase, Mcintosh, Yamaha (A-S2100/A-s3000) or Audio Alchemy amps. 

Thanks 😁
I"ve heard them with the Parasound separates.  Since you like the Elac sound, the Parasound will be fine with them.  My new personal favorite electronics for reasonable cost is Belles.  I"ve now heard them at two separate dealers  and both are showing them with speakers over 15k as they are so good.  They have a new set of mono blocks coming out soon too.  Here is a link to their products:   don't discount them on cost as they are not expensive. 

If open minded, you may want to put them in your search.  I like them better than the Naim, Mac, Yamaha and AA electronics and I've heard all of them recently.  JMHO and not bashing anyone else's gear, just saying the Belles is a true find for high end audio.