Luxman 507/509

I wonder if anyone out there can answer a question I cant find an answer to anywhere on the internet please? I have the option of a good deal on a Luxman 509x but clearly still a fair bit more than a new 507uxII. I honestly cant convince myself of a difference in sound driving dynaudio heritage specials but I wondered what technical differences actually exist between the two - aside from a modest difference in rated power output. Any thoughts? Many thanks
martinol
Check out audiodrom’s reviews:
http://www.audiodrom.net/en/integrated-amplifiers

I chose the 509X and am not disappointed. Have not found official publication of the class-A bias but based on comparison of the idle power consumption to the 590 & 550 integrateds, I think the 509X is about 17 WPC class A and the 507 about 9 WPC class A. 
I asked Luxman USA in an email about the Class A envelope for the new L-509X(which I bought) and the L-550axii I was considering

Here is their response that I got:
" The Luxman L-509x is an excellent amplifier. It is considered “top of the line” and most recently introduced Luxman integrated amplifier model. It features circuit and construction details/refinements not present in (earlier introduced) the L-550aXII and L-590aXII.

L-509x is biased such that the class-A operational envelop approaches 6 watts/channel into an 8 ohms resistive load. At lower (or higher impedances) class-A operation transitions to class AB at lower output. (i.e. near 3 watts/4 ohms resistive load)".

@erikt 
Very interesting lower than expected class A bias. Thanks for sharing!  I wonder what all that idle power is doing if not class A bias....

@martinol 
Looking at the pics with lids off, the L-509X has twice as many power supply caps as the 507. This might enhance bass slam, and the 509 is not lacking bass slam in my experience!
The two areas where Luxman steps up/down seem to be power supplies as well as output transistor pairs. The 509 with 4, 507 with 3, and 505 with 2 pairs per channel.

I find the 507 to be quite splendid with my current setup. :)