Luxman 507/509

I wonder if anyone out there can answer a question I cant find an answer to anywhere on the internet please? I have the option of a good deal on a Luxman 509x but clearly still a fair bit more than a new 507uxII. I honestly cant convince myself of a difference in sound driving dynaudio heritage specials but I wondered what technical differences actually exist between the two - aside from a modest difference in rated power output. Any thoughts? Many thanks
martinol

Showing 2 responses by rockrider

@erikt 
Very interesting lower than expected class A bias. Thanks for sharing!  I wonder what all that idle power is doing if not class A bias....

@martinol 
Looking at the pics with lids off, the L-509X has twice as many power supply caps as the 507. This might enhance bass slam, and the 509 is not lacking bass slam in my experience!
Check out audiodrom’s reviews:
http://www.audiodrom.net/en/integrated-amplifiers

I chose the 509X and am not disappointed. Have not found official publication of the class-A bias but based on comparison of the idle power consumption to the 590 & 550 integrateds, I think the 509X is about 17 WPC class A and the 507 about 9 WPC class A.