jbl 4367

can any jbl owners chime in and tell me how they feel about their speakers?
currently i am looking into the synthesis line specifically the 4367
my listening room is 11x16x10 and I will be running pass lab 30.8 and sonic frontiers pre along with digital source

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xd2girls

Showing 1 response by ohlala

I newly own the 4367s, which is a passive M2 designed for home use with different a horn. In my experience 4367s regularly do not demo well at shows, which is odd because placement for decent sound is easy.  (Upward vertical and horizontal frequency balance is very even.)  There is no mystery to the model. They are unromantic, low distortion, dynamic and articulate with some cap on resolution inherent to horns. The soundstage is more laid back than other horns. They are not really full range and in the grey zone, and probabaly requiring a subwoofer depending on the user.  Hybrid integration is fine, obviously a complicated trade-off in horns. I can't readily identify the crossover point, but a 15" woofer in an MDF cabinet makes its own sound. I will say that I hate ported sound, but the 4367s do not have that problem.

The stand required is actually about 7" high as the tweeter is recommended to be at ear height. I have yet to buy stands. I have heard isoacoustics is familiar with 4367, but I have no experience with the company. I have no experience with the S4700 and do not understand the marketing difference. Maybe something to do with M2? S4700s LF drop-off is 8hz higher than the 4367.

There is a long thread on whatsbestforum about a pair of 4367s that is pretty good.