How to set up Heavyweight w/RB 600?

Hi
I am sorry for silly question but when i put Heavyweight on RB 600 with a 10gr nut removed and slide it all the way in,the weight is still on the Heavyweight's side.The weight is dialed at 0.Even if i dial up weight to make the arm float,which is around 2 grams,i will not be able to dial an additional 1,8 gr which is required for Dyna 10x4 cartridge.Help.
overhang

Showing 2 responses by buscis2

Overhang, this may sound silly, but this IS the Heavyweight for the REGA arm, Correct? If it is, it should work. The newest Rega Heavyweight (adjustable), will work on ANY RB 250, 300, 600, 900, or 1000 arm with cartridges weighing between 4.5 to 12.0 grams. The RB250 arm requires scrapping the plastic endstub and installing the stainless steel Expressimo endstub. Also, you should NOT have to remove the additional Allen screw on the bottom of the Heavyweight.

Your Dynavector weighs in at like 6.5 grams. Which is fine for the Heavyweight WITH the Allen screw installed.

The Heavyweight for the Audioquest PT series tonearms are slightly heavier and will not work with the Rega arms. That's why I'm mentioning this. You should be able to bypass your arm's stylus force adjustment and use strictly the Heavyweight in conjunction with a stylus force gauge to obtain the desired tracking force.
Overhang, I noticed Sdcampbell had posted just before my post and we are both on the same page regarding bypassing the arm's stylus force adjustment. Just one clarification: you need to turn the adjustment PAST the arm's 3.0 gram setting in order to disengage the tracking force spring. In other words, turn the tracking force ALL THE WAY UP, PAST 3.0 grams, until you cannot turn the adjustment any further.

Now the spring has been disengaged. You should now be able to slide the Heavyweight forward towards the pivot to obtain the correct stylus force.