Dynaudio - Made in China vs Denmark

Hi,

I  recently Purchased a new pair of Dynaudios. The floor model I auditioned were 'Made in Denmark' but the pair which was shipped out by the dealer was 'Made in China'. They are still boxed. Whats should I do:

1. Swap with the showroom floor model (they were probably a yr or 2 old)

2. Unbox and use my 'Made in china' pair ?

My main concern here is the quality of the product from China. Resale values.

Anyone with experience please chime in. 

ryanhere

Hey....here's a list of companies you can avoid if MIC is that big a concern for you.
Granted it only represents 1% of American and other countries with business ties in China, but, it's a start.

All the best,
Nonoise

Bait and switch!    RETURN THEM.  Get your money back UNLESS  the deal guarantees that he will get you a Danish-made pair !!

@tablejockey @fsonicsmith 

"own four customs, a Weigle, Landshark, Rob English, and Speedvagen."\

Nice! Add me to the short list of people who care about Dynaudios ( I own the Heritage Specials and the Focus 160s ) and steel bikes. Nothing custom in my stable yet, but my daily driver is a Masi 3V, built in the velodrome in 1984 by Alberto Masi (it would seem ) and now restored and repainted by Joe Bell. I've also just built up a Coppi Lugano with Genius tubing. Both have modern Campy Athena groups. If / when I go custom, it'll either be a Speedvagen ( congrats! ) or a Bishop. 

As for the speakers, I am sure I paid a premium to have my Heritage Specials built in Denmark, but that was a large part of their appeal for me. Transparency matters.

Thought he was buying Made In Denmark,got Made In China

return them and get the Denmark made Model IF it is still available.I am sure the price paid was for the Denmark Model.Resale will be impacted.If a discount is offered then maybe keep them?

If the concern is a resale value in the future, it could be the issue, because for sure there will be more China originated speakers than made in Denmark ones. Floor / display pair should have discount, you may try to negotiate. 

I’ve seen very good and very bad things PRC made, for example all Apple products I have are made in China, no complains!