Carver Amazing Line Source Speakers

Since I now own the Carver Raven 350 amps, I have become very interested in the Carver Amazing Line Source speakers. But I have not been able to actually hear them.
Can anyone who has heard them comment as to the sound quality?

Thank you
ozzy
128x128ozzy
Having owned Accoustat 2 + 2s and Magnepan 3.5Rs  (both of which I consider room dividers)  and.having been involved with Nearfield Acoustics Pipedreams (I avd their $10K introductory speaker), as well as the early prototypes of Scaena Loudspeakers,, I really appreciate slim designs, which physically don't draw attention to themselves, while throwing concert size sound stages

I expect you will be very happy.  
tweak1,

Thanks.
Some of the speakers I have owned are Von Schweikert, Eggleston Andra 2's and Legacy Focus. My present DIY versions are better than them all.

I considered many other types but I too like the small footprint of the Carvers.
And, since I already own the Carver Raven 350's I am assuming they should play well together.

I hope they are shipped Monday...

ozzy
@ozzy

Interesting DIY project!

I've done very similar, but using Mundorf AMT's and Clarity caps which I prefer over the top of the line Mundorfs.
I can honestly say that after going to two shows here in the Northern California area there's not a pair of speakers I would trade them for, regardless of cost.

Part of it is livability, being an apartment dweller I have no place for monster speakers, but most of it is simply sound quality and pride of ownership. They sound exactly like I want them to.

Also, the ScanSpeak mid-woofers are among the best sounding drivers I have ever heard. Wilson used to think so too. :)

I don't have a system page, but I do have the design of the speakers up on my blog:
https://speakermakersjourney.blogspot.com/

The Mundorf AMT's are flat to past 20 kHz, have almost no energy storage/resonance, and amazing dynamic range and power handling without compression.

analogluvr,

Thanks. I think so too. Bob Carver to me is a creative genius who thinks and designs outside the norm. I really like that.

erik_squires,

Yes, DIY speakers have many possibilities. (You can see my finished version in my systems page). The only thing that I was unsure of was my ability to make quality looking cabinets. But I found at Parts Express some fantastic black gloss cabinets about the right size that I needed. However, I don’t think they offer them anymore.

I actually thought of trying to make a line source speaker too, but Bob Carver’s long traveled experience made me go the easy route. (Although much more expensive).

ozzy